- This event has passed.
October 19, 2022 - October 22, 2022
WELCOME to the 2022 Illinois Conference Annual Celebration!
This year’s Annual Celebration will once again be entirely virtual and will take place Wednesday, October 19 through Saturday, October 22. Over the course of these four days you will have the chance to participate in:
- Morning devotions led by our Ministry Leadership Team;
- Youth led opening worship with guest preacher, Minister Desiree McCray;
- Closing worship and communion with guest preacher Dr. Brad Braxton, President of Chicago Theological Seminary;
- Five blocks of workshops with 12 different workshop offerings covering a variety of topics such as Open and Affirming, disaster ministries, creation justice, mental health, stewardship, and outreach ministry;
- A keynote presentation from Rev. Cameron Trimble, CEO of Convergence;
- Two sessions for conducting the business of our Conference;
- Anniversary celebrations, Chalice Awards, and more!
The fee is $50 per person. There is no charge for retired clergy and youth participants.
After you register you will receive information about how to access the conference via Zoom Events, the platform we are using for this years event. There will be an event lobby where you can chat and interact with other attendees before, during, and after Annual Celebration, as well as watch recordings of the sessions you missed. With Zoom Events, you will be able to view the whole schedule, learn about our speakers, book mark the workshops and other sessions you want to attend, network with other attendees, and more – all within one central location! For technical questions regarding registration or Zoom Events, please email Sarah Lohrbach or call the Conference Office (708-344-4470) and ask for Sarah. You can also find helpful information on how to join Zoom Events here.
Questions regarding who counts as a voting member? Please reference the Voting Membership section of our Bylaws below.
CONFERENCE BYLAWS – ARTICLE II – VOTING MEMBERSHIP
- Every local church which has standing in an Association of the Conference shall be entitled to representation in the Conference by one voting lay delegate, and in addition thereto, each such church shall be entitled to representation by one voting youth delegate (a person at least 14 years of age, but not older than 22). A church of 800 or more members shall have one additional delegate and one additional youth delegate. Delegates shall be chosen by each church, and unless otherwise ordered by the church shall serve for a term of two years or until their successors are elected, except that a delegate’s term of office shall terminate upon removal from membership in his/her local church. Each church may appoint or elect one or more alternate delegates, one of whom shall be designated by the church as its voting delegate in the event the regular delegate cannot be in attendance at the annual or special meetings of the Conference.
- All ordained, commissioned, and licensed ministers who have standing or recognition in an Association of the Conference shall be voting members at the annual meeting or special meetings of the Conference.
- The members of the Conference Council shall be members of the Conference during their term of office.